Updated: May 4
If you've been in business for a while, then you will have heard a quote from Jim Rohn.
He is without a doubt one of the most influential leaders of our time and learning to apply his teachings will most definitely bring you success.
So I have gathered some of the best motivational quotes to help inspire you to reach the top of your potential.
Make sure to pin your favorite one.
This post may contain affiliate links to products that I trust. This means that if you make a purchase using the links below I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for the support!
1) "Work harder on yourself than you do on your job."
When you learn to develop yourself, you opportunities expound and can become limitless. Always make sure to include time for self-development by reading books, joining a mastermind group, attending a challenge (the is to one of the best I have ever gone through and I have gone through a few), listening to podcasts, or joining mastermind groups.
2) "The only way it gets better for you is when you get better. Better is not something you wish, it's something you become."
Your life, your business, your success is determined by how much you are willing to grow. Who are going to become?
3) "For things to change, you have to change."
Very similar to the above, in order to have something new, you have to create it, which means you have to become someone who creates it.
4) "Don't let your learning lead to knowledge. Let your learning lead to action."
In my career as a business builder, I have come across this concept multiple times. Another great way to say it is, don't get stuck in analysis paralysis. If you do have a hard time with knowing what actions to take, I would highly recommend jumping on this 5 Day Freedom Maker Challenge. It will push, motivate you, and guide into getting into action and start seeing results in your business.
5) "Success is not to be pursued, it is to be attracted by the person you become."
I have fallen into this trap multiple times, I even still do occasionally, which is why I have been so fortunate to be part of a community that reminds of everything I have accomplished, of who I have become. By having that different perspective, I am again motivated to keep going and growing in my business. And now I want to give that to you, if you are looking for a small group to be held accountable, to bounce ideas off of, and to help each other grow in 2021, then I want to chat with you. Head over and fill out your information and I'll reach back.
6) "Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines practiced every day."
I recently finished a book Atomic Habits that was the most powerful book on changing, creating and keeping habits. The author spoke of this concept that helped explain this quote. Successful people aren't supernatural in their ability to succeed, they just keep going on the habit even when it has become boring. See that's the trick, that in order for you to find success, you have to keep going and doing what will bring you success.
7) "When you know what you want, and you want it bad enough, you will find a way to get it."
I recently listened to a podcast by Brendon Burchard that explained consistency, the main thing I got from it was that nothing is holding you back except yourself. Stop letting your excuses keep you from what you want. Figure out what are your priorities and what isn't, then cut out the things that shouldn't be a priority to you finding success.
8) "Formal education will make you a living, self-education will make you a fortune."
To be honest, this has been a source of contention in my family. I'm told by father, "go get an education," by my father-in-law, "you need to get your masters." However, for me, I have gotten so much more education and life value by surrounding myself with the "uneducated," the ones that didn't go to college, but are living a very abundant life. Don't get me wrong, there is a place for school and college, but I don't believe it is the end all to being truly successful.
9) "Life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change."
Ray Higdon says, "if it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you." Don't forget that no matter what you do, where you do it, the common denominator to any situation is YOU. You are the one that is going make your life better, not by chance, by choosing to challenge yourself, to become better, and to become more.
10) "All leaders are reader."
I couldn't agree more with this. It also goes right in line with the quote regarding self-education. Always be finding something that you can learn and read in order to better yourself and in turn better those around you.
11) "Start reading, and especially read the kinds of books that will help you unleash your inner potential."
If you're not sure on what you should start reading, here are my top 5 favorite books to start with. Once you start, you will be drawn to you next book to read. Another great way to find books to read are to listen to podcasts regarding self-development and read what they have read.
12) "I used to blame everything outside of me for my lack of progress until I found that my problem was inside."
Are you one to blame others for your circumstances? I know I have done this before, it wasn't until I started getting more clarity around myself that I realized (also having to teach kids lessons of actions and consequences) that I am the only one responsible for what can happen in my life. Sure I may not want to act on the things I know I should do, but it is always on me, my choice, and my consequence whether good or bad.
13) "You cannot change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction overnight."
No one has said that there is only one path to lead to a certain destination. So if you ever feel stuck in something you are doing, change the direction, change the focus, think outside the box to continue to help you reach your end goal.
14) "Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do."
I recently had a aha moment and shared it live. In order to reach my desired outcome, I have to be willing to push past my excuses and do what most are unwilling to do. So the next time you know you need to be prospecting to build your business, realize that if you don't, you are just hurting yourself, your family, and your dreams. Get out there and reach for the stars!
15) "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenges, wish for more wisdom."
This one I feel speaks for itself. Stop wishing for a magic potion that will make everything in your life easier. Become the type of person that sees that problem, shrugs, and says "that's no big deal."
16) "Either you run the day or the day runs you."
I've been listening (because I prefer to listen to Audible over reading) called the Miracle Morning and it teaches you how to become the master of you day by starting your day on purpose. So stop letting your day run you and become. the master of your day.
17) "You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself. That is something you have charge of."
It may be hard to accept on certain days when you hit every single red light on your way to pick up your daughter from school... But I then remember something I learned from this 5 Day Challenge I was in, where I learned to switch my thinking, maybe I needed to slow down that day, maybe I was spared from an accident instead of getting frustrated. Just remember when stuff happens like that... Just Breathe!
18) "Motivation is what get you started. Habit is what keeps you going."
I am 3 months into a regularly working out and I can tell you, motivation to get physically fit was my motivation to start, but building the habit is what is going to keep me working out. I share a lot great tips into building that healthy habit in my book.
19) "Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present."
Stop letting your circumstance decide whether you are happy or not. Happiness is a state of mind, it's a state of being. If you decide to be happy, then you will be. However, if you have a hard time finding your happiness, find 10 things that you are grateful for every time you feel down and soon you'll find a smile on your face.
20) "Learn how to be happy with what you have while you pursue all that you want."
Well, I may have covered that one above, but let's say it again. If you have a hard time finding that happy feeling, find 10 things in that moment that you are grateful for. They don't always have to be things, it could be a smile, a hug, your favorite food. Start counting your blessings and watch how many more flow into your life.
21) "Everyone must choose one of two pains: The pain of discipline or the pain of regret."
Simple, yet profound. Which are you going to choose?
22) "If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan, and guess what they have planned for you? Not much."
I have a guilty pleasure, I like to watch certain TV shows about magic and the supernatural and this lesson was taught in a show called The Order. Unless you make a decision on which path you will take, the decision will be made for you. Take decisive actions and you'll live the life you want.
23) "The major key to your better future is you."
You decide how and when you act on building your dreams, so what are you choosing?
24) "If you are not willing to risk the usual you have to settle for the ordinary."
If you haven't noticed yet, there is a pattern. You design your future, you decide what it will look like, so are you settling or are you risking the usual to build something more?
25) "Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment."
Another word I like to use for discipline is habits. The habits that you put in place are what builds the bridge to accomplishing your goals. These two books are absolutely fundamental in building habits: The Atomic Habits and The Power of Habits. I cover my favorite tips from these in my book that you are welcome to get as well.
26) "Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure."
Rise above your excuses, push past the pain, and go get the future you want in health, wealth, and life.
27) "You have two choices: you can make a living, or you can design a life."
Which would you choose? I for one am choosing to design my life, I want a life of Freedom to travel, to go horse back riding, to live a life of abundance. I would love for you to join me other entrepreneurs who are learning to have multiple streams of income and I have just the tool to help you. It's called YEP, the Young Entrepreneur Project.
I hope that you got all the motivation and inspiration you need to get out there and design your own life because you deserve to have everything that you want.
Let me know which quote was your favorite below.
Take care and stay safe,